Best Windshield Wiper Blades for 2017 – Guide and Reviews
Quick Navi -
- Best Windshield Wiper Blades 2017 (Top 5 Picks)
- Top Windshield Wiper Blade Reviews 2017 (All Top Picks)
- How to Install a Windshield Wiper on Your Car
- 10 Tips to Keep Your Windshield Wiper Last Longer
UPDATED for 2017: In this guide, we will show you best windshield wipers to buy for your automobile. As soon as you get a pair, you must decide what accessories to buy right away. Windshield wipers are not merely accessories installed in the car to make it look presentable. The best wipers have essential functionalities for safe driving and keeping the car in good working condition. Therefore, choosing the best wiper blades is crucial. Whether it is for a brand-new car or for replacement, you must pick only the best windshield wiper blades that your money can buy.
Now that we have established the importance of having high quality and durable windshield wipers, let’s look at 7 of the best windshield wipers currently dominating the market. These products are proven to be effective in wiping water, dirt, snow, and ice. These are some of the best windshield wipers with the most advanced technologies to revolutionize the materials and improve user experience through quick and easy installation.
They are made to withstand immense weather condition and can last long enough before the season changes. Several users have also attested to the quality and strength of these products through their wiper blade reviews online, so we know that they are highly recommended.
Best Windshield Wiper Blades 2017 (Top 5 Picks)
*please remember to pick wipers that are compatible with your vehicle
|Windshield Wiper Blades Name:||Price:||Sizes Available|
| || || |
| || || |
| || || |
|Valeo Frameless ULTIMATE|| || || |
|OEM QualityAERO Premium|| || || |
Any of these products are winners. Majority of the best wiper blade brands made it to the top seven list of other online retail stores. It will all depend on the product that will be the perfect fit for your car and will give you the best and effective wiping capabilities. Here are the 5 top picks, including detailed windshield wiper reviews.
NOTE: Along with a good set of blades, you need an effective washer fluid/solution to use. At speed, bugs can be difficult to remove, see our guide to pick the right fluid. In addition, just to make sure you have the best visibility possible while driving, have a look at our glass cleaner reviews. All this goes hand-in-hand with windshield wiper blades reviewed below.
Top Windshield Wiper Blade Reviews 2017 (All Top Picks)
1. Bosch Icon – The Best Windshield Wipers for 2017 (Editor’s Choice)
Bosch Icon tops the list of the seven best wiper blades for your car due to its advanced engineering and innovative features making everything from installation, execution and after-sales a true success. The Bosch Icon 26A is a bracket-less wiper blade that offers improved design and performance compared to conventional windshield wiper blades. This new design allows the wiper to exert a more consistent pressure along the entire body of the blade to make for an even result. The even distance between the windshield and the car window keeps the latter from getting any scratches or dents that are usually caused by the brackets of the blade.
The Bosh ICON 26A can endure extreme weather conditions. The tension springs are also enclosed to make the best wipers stable even with a gust of wind. These qualities definitely make Bosch Icon, deserving of the top spot of the best windshield wipers blades in the market.
- Bracketless blade for uniform performance
- Up to 40% longer lifespan than other premium wiper blades
- Quick and easy installation
- Strong and stable amidst extreme weather condition
- More expensive than conventional wiper blades
- Heavier than regular wipers
2. Rain-X 5079280-1 Latitude – Runner-Up Second Best (Editor’s Choice)
Following Bosh Icon is the Rain -X 5079280-1 which prides itself with its revolutionary contoured design and the water-beading technology that is integrated into the edge of the water blade. The curvature design complements the shape of the car’s windshield making it easy and fast to wipe water droplets or snowflakes. The water-beading technology embedded into the blade completely dries off the window of the car within a few seconds. As the wiper dries the window, the Rain-X patented water-repellent coating is transferred to the windshield resulting in an enhanced driving visibility during a rainy or snowy days. In their online windshield wiper blade reviews, the customers have a highly positive experience using this product.
- Quick and easy installation
- Enhanced visibility through water-beading technology
- Durable and applies even pressure
- Can be noisy and creaky when used with ill-suited cars
- Leaves short streaks in the middle of the wiper
3. Anco 31-Series
Anco 31-Series are conventional blade replacements that utilize DuraKlear rubber compound leaving the windshield clean and streak-free. They are one of the most affordable wiper blades on the market that works efficiently. They can remove water, snow, and dirt with just one wipe. For maximum performance, the blades should be replaced after six or 12 months depending on the frequency and intensity of usage. Considering all the best windshield wipers out there, Anco is still able to garner some of the most satisfactory wiper blade reviews not just on Amazon but on other online retailers as well.
- Available in 10”-28” lengths
- Easy installation and wiper blade replacement
- Bridge is well-vented to fit the car window and function smoothly
- Wears out easily
- The blade needs to be replaced after every 6-12 months. Although affordable for a one-time purchase, the replacement costs can accumulate and can be more expensive than a premium blade that can last for 2 years.
4. Valeo 900221B Frameless ULTIMATE
The Valeo 900221B comes fourth with its frameless flat design. Valeo 900221B Frameless is called ULTIMATE for a reason. It is a high-performing and long-lasting wiper blade suitable for any weather condition. The best wiper blades are made of a single rubber insert instead of two glued together. This makes the material extremely durable and not prone to breakage. It is available in different wiper blade sizes and lengths from 15”-29” to fit most vehicles.
The three most notable characteristics of Valeo 900221B Frameless are its ultra-flat design, Tec3 Advanced Rubber Technology and aftersales upgrade for easy installation. The flat design of the blade gives a balanced blade-to-windshield pressure distribution. The Tec3 rubber technology eliminates vibration and noise through its patented 1,500 pressure points compared to conventional blades with only 4-8 pressure points. The Vale 900221B can be upgraded without any hassle using its effective hook arm.
- Quick, easy installation and does not require an adaptor
- Made of high-quality materials and advanced features
- Long-lasting performance without any signs of wearing out
- Does not squeak and leaves the window streak-free for improved visibility
- The shape is missing the right amount of contour or curvature to maximize contact with the windshield with one swipe.
- May experience performance decline for snow and ice buildup
5. OEM QualityAERO Premium All-Season
There is nothing better than getting two for one price especially for some for the best wipers around. The OEM AERO all-season wiper blades include one driver side wiper and one passenger side wiper. Both products are suited for both winter and summer seasons. OEM uses DuPont Teflon coating for its natural rubber that makes it strong and durable. The products are also beam-frameless or bracketless making the design looks sleek and hardly noticeable.
The frameless design of the products makes it less likely to scratch the glass of the window. Aside from the 18” model, this package can also be purchased with lengths from 13”-28” making it suitable for most cars. Once the blades are installed, they stay secure and will not wobble, unlike other conventional wipers. There is a clip that snaps and locks the arm to keep it in place. Because the arm is held in place, the rubber can wipe the windshield more effectively. When maintained properly, the products can last for at least one year before you can experience any issues with cracking and streaking.
- All-season blades
- More durable compared to conventional wiper blades
- Aerodynamic design providing superior windshield contact and reduced noise
- Frameless/bracketless preventing snow and ice buildup
- Slightly difficult to install
- Vibration evident during heavy rain or snow
6. Valeo 60022 600 Series
The Valeo 600 Series is a great addition to the long line of Valeo windshield products. This product is very affordable and yet extremely reliable. Just like the 900 Series, 600 Series also uses Tech3 Advanced Rubber Technology providing a synthetic rubber upper body for a more natural grip and protective coating, especially on the edges. It’s available in 11”-28” and has a slim design that makes it hardly noticeable when folded.
The Valeo 60022 600 Series is also made of galvanized steel making it extra durable and resistant to corrosion. It has a strong locking system that includes a universal U-clip that holds the arm in place as the windshield wiper blades wipe the window. There is no doubt why Valeo made it to the list twice. It only proves that the products are solving the basic problems of their customers and the company is committed to creating new and improved product every single time.
- Long-lasting product that doesn’t streak
- Quiet and smooth blade
- Can survive in cold, wet and dry season
- Affordable price
- The curvature is a near-miss for some cars. Does not make contact towards the edges of the car
7. Trico 25-240 Force
Last but definitely not the least, the Trico 25-249 Force makes it to the top seven windshield wipers list. It is made from high-quality materials making it one of the most durable best wipers in the market to endure extreme weather condition. It is equipped with HighGlide that muffles the sound of each wipe, especially during a heavy rain. Probably what makes this product special from the rest is the high wind beam blade that can slice through strong winds moving at 220 kph. This product also uses SWIFT easy connection adapter technology to make the installation faster and the locking mechanism more effective.
- Durable with the capacity to withstand strong winds and heavy rain
- Quick and easy installation
- Highly recommended for long road travels
- Best wiper blades for the money considering the length and added features
- Leaves streaks when used heavily for a long period of time
- The wipers make noise when pressed so close to the glass
NOTE: While not directly related to this guide, equally as important in the long run, you need to protect the interior of your automobile from the harsh sun. For that reason, you should read our window tint reviews, along with a guide showing you the top reflective windshield covers.
How to Install a Windshield Wiper on Your Car
Ideally, windshield wiper should be installed easily and quickly. The product has come a long way and many of these top 7 best windshield wipers were developed with techniques that make installation a lot less stressful. Before you purchase your new blades, it is important to first get the right measurement so that you will not have any problem with the wiper blade sizes and lengths later. Sometimes, the windshield wiper blades cannot function well if it is not the proper length for the car.
Here’s a simple and general guideline on how to install a windshield wiper on your car.
Step 1: Removing the Old Wiper Blades
To remove the old wiper blades, pull the entire assembly up so that it will remain vertical. On one of the hinges, pull the tab out and the wiper down towards the car to separate the blade and the arm. Once separated, remove the blade and put the wiper arm down.
Step 2: Prepping the Wiper Arm
Once the old wiper blade has been unhooked, inspect the wiper arm and keep it clean and streak-free. This part holds the wiper blades and should work perfectly. Keep the arm away from the windshield as this might only cause permanent damage.
Step 3: Installing the New Wiper Blades
Take the new wipers and insert the arm until you see it pushed up. You should hear another click which means that the arm has locked the blade. Try to move around and fold the windshield a few times to check if it was attached too tight or too loose. Lay the wiper back down against the windshield.
This procedure might show some variations from product to product the fundamental procedure should still apply. To reiterate, make sure that you know the size and length of the windshield that you have to buy. Next, shop around and read different windshield wiper reviews to find out the best wiper blade brands.
10 Tips to Keep Your Windshield Wiper Last Longer
Majority of the drivers don’t pay much attention to the windshield wipers when they are cleaning their cars. Wipers are usually regarded as either brand new or in need of replacement. While this might be true in some cases, it can also cause you to spend more money. To avoid this from happening and to keep your windshield wiper in good working condition, regular inspection and maintenance should be conducted. Be on the lookout for symptoms such as streaking water, squeaky sound, sporadic motion and sudden stop. Here are some dos and don’ts when it comes to taking care your wiper blades.
- Clean the wiper blades by running a slightly damp towel along the edge of the rubber blade to remove any dirt, dust, and residue that have built up over time.
- Wipe dry any areas of the windshield that can be prone to metal corrosion. Rusting causes discoloration and exposed particles can get caught in between the rubber and can scratch the glass of your windshield of your car.
- Check the windshield wiper before a bad weather approaches and after.
- Inspect the windshield wiper for torn or cracked areas. Simply ignoring this will cause the blade to peel away. This can potentially damage your window as the damaged part can be dragged across followed by a squeaking sound.
- Beware of the Four S’s: streaking, spilling, squeaking and snapping. If you experience any of the four S’s even during a regular day with minimal rains, replace the windshield wiper right away.
- Do not ignore the windshield washer system. Test how the washer system manages different levels of fluid. This will come in handy during heavy rains. Take turns in testing using cold water and warm water.
- Do not use the windshield wiper to scrape off ice dams. You will only damage both the wiper and your car. Use an ice scraper instead.
- Do not use any harmful chemicals to clean the wiper. Use only water and a sponge to remove any dirt, dust or grease.
- Do not leave the wiper with water or dirt residue for too long. This can result in metal corrosion in the process. Keep it dry and tucked away when the car is not being used.