Best Electric Kettles 2018 – Reviews and Buyer’s Guide
If you’re in search for the absolute best electric kettle for cooking, boiling tea, and coffee needs, then please continue reading. It’s time to stop having to patiently wait while boiling water and start having what you desire more immediately.
If you’re not aware already, these appliances are more commonly known as electric tea makers because of their ability to boil water in a VERY short period of time. Instead of waiting 10-15 minutes for a boiling point to be reached, this is shortened to under 3 minutes for a full pot of water (2-3 liters) to be ready for use.
There is no doubt that it can be a daunting task attempting to choose the exact kettle that will fit your needs. As plastic, steel, aluminum, ceramic and others are just some of the materials to choose from, it makes it hard to know which we show longevity.
The quality of electric kettles can vary, as too can specific features offered with each. We hope that in the electric kettle reviews below, we'll be able to give you a much better understanding on which ones to pick.
Quick Navi -
- Best Electric Tea Kettles for 2018
- 1. Epica 6-Temp Kettle - The Best Electric Kettle / Editor's Choice
- 2. Royal RYL-KETTLE - Top Glass Tea Kettle To Use
- 3. Hamilton Beach 40867 Glass Electric Kettle - Beautiful, Simple, Perfect for Coffee & Tea
- 4. Secura SWK-17011DC - Truly 100% Stainless Steel Where It Counts
- 5. Bella 13724 Ceramic Tea Kettle - Best Rated Ceramic Kettle for Tea & Coffee
- 6. Doctor Hertzner Electric Gooseneck Kettle - Most Accurate Way to Pour Tea
- 7. Ovente KG83B Glass Kettle - A VERY Affordable Option
- Final Words - Wrapping Up
Best Electric Tea Kettles for 2018
Please be mindful that the following electric tea kettle reviews that we will mention will range from in and price. Some will be a bit pricey, while others will be bargains. It's IMPORTANT that you look at each one, so you not only know the price, but have a better understanding by seeing additional user reviews.
1. Epica 6-Temp Kettle - The Best Electric Kettle / Editor's Choice
Lets cut to the chase, this is the top pick stainless steel kettle on the market. It’s the best water boiler for your tea of choice and for good reasons.
Upon opening the box, you’ll be presented with instructions, a power cord, base, and the kettle itself. The initial feel of the kettle is very solid and provides a brushed finish on the outside. When empty, it has a strongly built feel to it, showing the consumer that it is built to last and withstand the occasional abuse.
Whether you decide that it will be your go-to choice for tea, coffee, or creating instant meals, you simply can’t go wrong selecting the Epica 6-Temp Kettle.
The lid has a simple spring button which allows you to easily open and close it. When boiling, the lid stays shut with no indications that it will accidentally open up, causing the spilling of boiling water which could potentially do some serious harm.
What makes the Epica the most interesting? Check Below...
- 6 temperature settings to choose from (160, 175, 185, 195, 200, 212 degree F).
- Operates on 1500 watts of power.
- Water capacity is at 1.7 liters.
- Two Year Warranty is included, if problems arise in first two years ,they will replace the product free of charge.
2. Royal RYL-KETTLE - Top Glass Tea Kettle To Use
Talk about a beautiful looking glass tea kettle, right?
The Epica mentioned above exceeds expectations but the Royal RYL-KETTLE runs a close race in the best tea kettle to purchase in 2018.
Nonetheless, this one is primarily made of glass and metal with minimal plastic parts. If you’re an environmentalist or just simply do not like the idea of what plastic can do when boiling hot water, then this would be a solid option to consider.
From the moment you unbox it and set it all up, there’s few moving parts and buttons to click on. This particular kettle is simple to use and does the one main function very well; boiling water. We will now cover below, the primary features, specific ones that make this electric water boiler truly stand out.
- Holds 1.7 liters of water.
- BPA Free plastics used.
- Holds a boil for 15-25 seconds.
3. Hamilton Beach 40867 Glass Electric Kettle - Beautiful, Simple, Perfect for Coffee & Tea
If you happen to pay attention to popular brands sold in stores, you’ll notice Hamilton Beach as being one of the most popular brands to stock. Odds are it’s because they are an affordable brand which offers a WIDE variety of appliances intended for kitchen use.
The Hamilton Beach glass electric kettle is an affordable way to own a well functioning kettle that demonstrates distinguished looks. Though, It does appear a bit like the Royal brand mentioned above, it is slightly more rounded and nearly half as much in terms of cost.
Two primary reasons why it found it's way on this list: first being the cost to purchase is low in comparison. Secondly, it's a popular item with well over a few thousands customers having already ordered it. To know exactly what makes it stand out, we'll cover the primary features below.
- 9.88” inches tall, 8.63” inches wide.
- Primary material is glass and metal, with pieces of plastic being used as non-primary components.
- Runs on approximately 1500 watts of power.
- Will hold a maximum of 1.7 liters of water.
4. Secura SWK-17011DC - Truly 100% Stainless Steel Where It Counts
When we first took a look at the Secura, we realized how excellent it would be as introductory, a first kettle to try out and see just how much someone would enjoy it. The Secura SWK-17011DB is proud to say that all of its primary parts are made strictly of stainless steel.
Contamination is not an issue and the durability you get is something that will keep your tea or coffee addiction going. We recommend that you talk to a primary care about how much coffee/tea is safe to consume.
At first glance, the price point is at the right spot, inexpensive and desirable. We would say it's fair to say that THOUSANDS have bought it already since it became available a few years ago. The Secura is designed in a simple manner but provides a good bit of features to note. listed below:
- Uses 1,500 watts of electricity for boiling.
- 1.8 liters of water capacity.
- Double-wall exterior making it non-heated to the touch.
- Includes a 2-year warranty.
- Primary building material being used is stainless steel.
5. Bella 13724 Ceramic Tea Kettle - Best Rated Ceramic Kettle for Tea & Coffee
If stainless steel or plastic isn’t desireable to you, do not worry. Ceramic kettles have been around for quite some time and the fact that you can have the convenience of a conventional kettle (like ones made of stainless steel or plastic), in ceramic, makes it an option worth considering.
There are TWO primary reasons why you’d consider ceramic: First, is that rusting will not become an issue in the long run. Secondly, the lack of plastic means that water contamination is a non-factor if you are deciding to purchase the Bella 13724.
The interesting thing about it, is that it tends to remind customers of a traditional tea pot you’d find in a China shop. The difference between this pot and others is the heating base right below it and the fact that you can disconnect it and use it anywhere. With that being said, let’s dive into its important features.
- Uses 1,200 watts of electricity for boiling.
- Multiple colors to choose from (approximately 6).
- Holds 1.2 liters of water.
- 100% ceramic material used.
6. Doctor Hertzner Electric Gooseneck Kettle - Most Accurate Way to Pour Tea
Everything specification about the Doctor Hertzner Kettle indicates that it should be number one. But if we had it at the top spot we wouldn't be doing our readers justice. The price point on this kettle is more than most would like to spend. We noticed right away that it had a long goose neck (similar to one mentioned above) to pour water. At first glance this catches users off guard but as it turns out, it is a VERY good design for the pouring of hot water.
The opening from where water comes out is rather small, so the rate of which it pours will be rather slow and steady. It also is easier to control the flow by quickly tilting it up just slightly.
Aside from the unique design, it has a big customer base with the highest satisfaction rate (now including Top Rated Anything) after purchase. However, where it really shines, is in the features and we'll cover that right below.
- Uses 1,000 watts of electricity for boiling.
- Boiling time 5 to 6 minutes.
- Holds 1.0 liters of water.
- Build material is rust resistant stainless-steel.
7. Ovente KG83B Glass Kettle - A VERY Affordable Option
This is the most affordable electric kettle on our list of best electric kettles in 2018. The Ovente KG83B is a rather pleasant to the eyes being a hot water boiling appliance, suitable for anyone who’s on a budget.
More than 75% of past users have given it a recommendation seal of approval. This fact is proven, based on its HIGH popularity in online and retail stores worldwide. We'd certainly will be giving it high praise as well, as you’ll soon see why after reviewing its features listed beneath.
- Water capacity is at 1.5 liters.
- Voltage requirements are 110/120 & power consumption is 1,100 watts.
- BPA free plastic parts with glass container.
- Power cord included is 30” inches.
Final Words - Wrapping Up
This concludes the guide that we've spent quite a few days putting together for shoppers. Just like most of readers looking over this, we absolutely love coffee and tea, and a long time ago... used the traditional stove and pot of heating water approach. Once customers made the switch to good quality electric kettles, brewing time for all has drastically decreased.
After reviewing and researching for the best electric tea kettles, we were able come to a list of the seven mentioned appliances. Each of the reviews is intended to cover the IMPORTANT parts to inform you of what is NEEDED to be known about each when making a buying decision. We were not a fan, unfortunately, of plastic. So most of our options consist of pots made from metal or ceramic as both have their pros and cons. So, remember, pick carefully and intelligently when deciding to acquire one.
If you have enjoyed this post, please share with your friend below. It takes only a few seconds and reassures us that we've done a great job. Cheers! =)