Making Everyday Buying Decisions Easier
KitchenAid Handheld Mixers Reviews
As a foodie, I like to enjoy a plethora of delicacies ranging from cookies, cakes to a bowl of hot mashed potatoes and whipped cream.
The very beginning of the preparation of these delicacies can be said to be shaky without the use of a particular kitchen appliance either at home or at a restaurant – Hand mixer.
A hand mixer is a mixing and blending tool that uses a rotor mechanism to power two detachable metal beaters at varying speeds. Some come with other accessories like whisks for lighter mixing or dough hooks for kneading.
So, basically, a hand mixer is essential in a kitchen for preparing good salad dressings, pancake and cake batter, whipping cream and of course, my favorite, mashed potatoes.
If you are a foodie like me, then you’ll know that the quality of a hand mixer will determine the amount of time you spend whipping, smoothness of batter and the ease of whipping/mixing while dealing with tougher batter.
The search for a quality hand mixer will most times lead to a mention of the KitchenAid at any online or retail outlet. Well, this isn’t just by chance.
KitchenAid has been a leading producer of mixers and other kitchen appliances for over 100 years now. They recently set a record for producing a million hand mixers in a year at their Greenville plant.
This popularity is a result of good customer satisfaction from using their products. It’s easy to see the reason for this. KitchenAid handheld mixers are generally durable and produced with quality material to give a sturdy build. Their beaters are made with quality metal that makes mixing easy, even when dealing with a thicker batter. Plus, they mostly come with accessories that free up counter space and for increased range of what to do with the mixers.
This is why I’m going to review the top KitchenAid handheld mixers, so you can make an informed purchase. They will be reviewed using quality, ease of use and value for money as standards.
It has a reset setting with volume adjuster that helps maintain safety at home.
- It has 7 different Speed levels. Speed one is ideal for just slowly stirring in chunky ingredients while speed seven is for beating egg whites and whipping thick cream.
- Soft start feature to bring the beaters up to your selected speed gradually.
- Soft handle for comfort when handling.
- Stainless Steel Turbo Beater II Accessories.
- Pro Whisk.
- The beaters are easy to pop off and in
- You can easily and immediately detach any accessory from the hand mixer with single-handed press of a button.
- You can lock the cord into either the left or right side of the mixer; makes it easy to approach ingredients from any angle. The round cord is also easy to wipe clean
- Speed level adjuster is a button that resets after switching off. (This is a pro for me. It could, however, be a con for a different person; if you mix at the same speed level a lot)
- There’s an indicator that tells you which beater goes into which hole.
- The motor has poor power compared to newer models of the KitchenAid mixers
- The weight can cause inconvenience, especially in the case of use for long periods
The beater attachments are different from previous models but still understandable and usable.I like that it’s smaller; it’s easy to notice the considerably reduced surface area in this model. I have used it to whip up an eighteen muffin cranberry orange nut recipe where I mixed the chunky ingredients last. What I got was products with awesome pull-apart quality while keeping a soft crumb.
- Soft Start Feature
- Beater Ejector Button to remove any accessory with the single-handed press of a button.
- 61 inches long power cord.
- Long shaft for easy handling
- Dough Hooks to mix tough batter.
- It seems to be built out of sturdy plastic that is also light. It’s both durable and easy to use.
- It has a reduced surface area that makes it compact and helps accessories stick to it easier and firmer.
- It has a rubbery, heavy-duty power cord that makes an effective brake (to prevent it from sliding off the table) while you can plug it in either the left or right locking positions to keep it turned out of the way no matter how your kitchen power outlet is set up.
- Considerably long power cable to aid mobility while mixing.
- It doesn’t generate much of a vortex, which means you can fill any vessel near to the top without risk of splatter even on speed level 9.
- It has some unnecessary accessories.
- It has a lower wattage (145w) compared to other multi-level speed handheld mixers made my other brands.
- It can be quite inconvenient pressing the button because the up and down buttons are divided by a raised divider which limits the space where the finger can press; plus, it sinks in further requiring you to press harder.
It’s slow setting actually is very useful, though. With KHM512IC, you can gently mix wet and dry ingredients without making a big mess.
- 5-speed levels
- Soft grip handle
- 2 stainless steel turbo beater accessories
- The slow speed is perfect for mixing dry ingredients without splattering flour everywhere.
- It can mix over heat conveniently. It’s ideal for whipping up hot dishes.
- It’s very light and starts up slowly.
- It’s not so durable. Its lightweight is not compensated for by sturdiness.
- It’s not good for think broths, cream or sauce.
The 3-Speed Hand Mixer is ideal for all your basic mixing needs. Three-speed levels and two stainless steel Turbo Beater Accessories give you the power and control to mix up your cookie dough and mash potatoes.
- 3 mixing speeds
- Beater ejection button- for easily detaching accessories
- 2 Stainless steel Turbo Beater accessories
- Powerful DC Motor inside.
- Lockable swivel cord
- Its slow speed is perfect for mixing up dry ingredients.
- It’s easy to control; it has just 3-speed
- It has a nice slow first setting speed that prevents splattering ingredients everywhere
- It’s immobile; the power cord is relatively short.
- It’s not good for heavy-duty mixing.
It’s a super-multipurpose mixer that is definitely one of my favorites.
- Stainless Steel Turbo Beater II Accessories
- 5-speed levels for different mixing intensities
- Lockable Swivel Cord- to lock the power cord into either left or right side of the mixer
- Soft start feature- to bring the speed up gradually
- Beater ejector button- to attach/detach accessories easily.
- Unlike some other KitchenAid mixers, its accessories are dishwasher-friendly. Its beaters are easy to clean.
- KHM512ER has a very powerful motor for a mixer of its speed grade.
- It is relatively lightweight; it can be used for a lengthy period of time.
- Its slow speed is perfect for mixing up dry or thick ingredients.
- The beaters wobble after long use.
Is KitchenAid The Only Brand To Consider?
KitchenAid is one of the most trusted brands in the market when buying hand mixers, or kitchen appliances in general. Of course, there are other brands that might suit you better if you consider their prices or some special functions. Cuisinart, Bosch, Samsung, and LG are some of those other brands.
But, KitchenAid remains a top-notch choice for most buyers if you consider build quality, ease of use, and versatility of their hand mixers. The sheer amount of positive reviews of their products on Amazon alone is enough evidence.
In this light, it will be no harm to try one of the hand mixers reviewed. Without a doubt, you will be satisfied if you purchase one with the features that meet your requirement.