Kensun HID Review
Quick Navi -
Some say that football is the most important thing out of all the unimportant things. Well, it’s also important that you have a nice car. In fact, I would say that the car is more important. However, even if you have a beastly car that can go from 0-60 mph in just a few seconds, you aren’t badass enough. To be the real MAN, you need to equip your car with a special set of headlights. Forget about those boring, stock headlights- they aren’t that efficient anymore and you don’t get enough luminance.
Instead, some headlight kits like Kensun are awesome. By the way, have you heard about Kensun? If you haven’t, now it’s the time to introduce them. This company is top-notch when it comes to producing headlight kits, and this one comes with a light that could blind even a bat! Of course, we are talking about HID (High-Intensity Discharge) bulbs which aim to produce a much higher luminance and use a lot less energy than incandescent and fluorescent lamps.
If your vehicle doesn’t have one of these, I advise getting some. But first, let’s delve deeper into this product.
What makes this kit special?
Every product, being it a hid headlight conversion kit or a kitchen set, is special for some reason. Sure, some are especially bad, but this one is quite the opposite. Kensun HID Kit looks very subtle at a first glance. The grey briefcase with a tiny black handle can surely pack a punch! Inside this beauty, you’ll find everything you need- some Kensun HID bulbs, all the necessary wiring and everything that comes with the standard Kensun HID kits.
The great thing about this product is that you aren’t overwhelmed when you open the package. I mean, you are overwhelmed by how simple it is to connect these bad boys. I’ve connected it in less than 25 minutes and I wasn’t even trying to be quick.
When it comes to the installation, I consider this headlight kit simple as a bread & butter. It’s simple as that! You grab a jar of butter, grab a piece of bread and then anoint the butter all over your piece of bread. Well, exactly the same happens with this one. On top of that, Kensun technical support is unbeatable, so you’ll get additional advice if you’re installing for the first time.
The main feature of this kit is no other than the headlights themselves. These bulbs are compact, sleek and they are pretty small. They are very thin, looking like small birthday candles inside the glass husk. However, it’s not the look of the bulbs that’s important, or is it? It’s quite important how strong they are, and let me tell you, they pack the power of a raging bull!
There are two bulbs in the package and they emit bright white color with a hint of blue. If you’ve ever seen such bulbs, you know what I mean. Before you decide to buy this one, make sure that your vehicle is compatible, as they require H11 lamp bulbs. So, if your vehicle doesn’t have these, then just skip it or buy a new vehicle, although that’s a more expensive and irrational option.
Kensun HID kit is a must if you live in foggy and rainy areas due to the luminance it produces. When I opened my car and mounted it, I was amazed at how these bulbs work.
I highly recommend that you DO NOT look directly into the light– it can easily damage your eyes!
For example, the ordinary halogen have a Kelvin Rating of around 2000K, while this one has 6000K and that tells us a lot about Kensun HID Xenon conversion kit. If that’s not enough to set you on fire and all jumping around in excitement, I don’t know what is!
Features at a Glance
- HID bulbs often a great amount of luminance. With its 6000K of Kelvin Rating, these bulbs will give you a great view when passing through foggy and dark environments. They also use a lot less power.
- This kit doesn’t come with the bulbs only. So, aside from two 35w HID bulbs, you’ll find two 12v AC ballasts, all the necessary wiring, accessories, and connectors. Plug and play!
- You can mount your Kensun HID kit in a matter of minutes.
- Kensun is supported only by vehicles with H11 lamp bulbs. Make sure they are suitable for your car’s color temperature and bulb size!Stable light source, even on the highest levels of luminance.
- This Kensun kit is compact and looks nice at first glance.
- Awesome upgrade for your car. Almost a necessary upgrade for every lighting condition.
- The headlight kit is very easy to install and unpack, so you’ll need no more than 20 minutes to get it going.
- HID bulbs produce 3 times as much light output of the ordinary halogen bulbs.
- Energy efficiency is guaranteed.
- A cheap and long-lasting solution for cars that support H11 headlamp bulbs.
- Due to the very bright lights, you may get some interference with the FM radio. Of course, this isn’t always the case, but it’s prone to happen.
This kit is intended for off-road use only. The best way to utilize the kit is to avoid turning it on or reduce the strength in cities or vastly-populated areas due to the penetrating brightness.
- The cable from the light bulb to the ballast might be short for some cars. You might need to tie it up differently than you would normally do.
HID bulbs aren’t turned on immediately. Instead, you’ll wait sometime before they start emitting the light.
Bottom Line & What Now?
To conclude our Kensun HID review, we need to take into an account everything we’ve said to this moment. So, is this Kensun HID kit worth any attention or you should skip it right away? Well, it depends. If you like to have blinding headlights, able to pierce through the thickest of fog and darkness, you’ll enjoy the product. With 6000K of Kelvin Rating, HID bulbs are capable of delivering a sheer power of light that’s almost unmatched by any other bulb types.
Even if you aren’t an electrician, I doubt you’ll have any problem installing this kit, which is quite nice and you’ll save some money by doing it yourself. However, if you don’t need any cool headlights or don’t want to mess with your car’s electric installations, it might not be suitable for you. Have I forgotten to mention that it costs only $69.99? That’s a great deal if you ask me!