Quick Navi -
- 5 Best Organic Bone Broths To Try
- Final Verdict and Conclusion
Most likely, you have not heard of bone broth… let alone the health benefits associated with consuming this liquid. If you’re like me, you’ve been hearing and seeing regular chicken and beef broth that is found in local grocery stores.
Relatively inexpensive, its a great way to create your own soups without having to put a whole bunch of ingredients together to get the broth part. Well, bone broth takes it a few steps further.
You see, it’s been here for THOUSANDS of years. Cultures worldwide have been taking advantage of this superfood in stews, sauces, soups, and tastings recipes. The health benefits associated with consuming bone broth is:
- Healing o the gut lining
- Reduced internal inflammation
- Support of the immune system
- And a range of others, but those are the main ones.
The type of bone broth we’re going to talk about is 100% organic, grass fed and cage free bone broth. From animals that were not drug addicts fed by money focused farmers.
If you were to create your own organic bone broth, you would need to slow simmer this liquid in chicken, beef, or fish for a minimum of 12 hours. You are encouraged to add vegetables, seasoning, and anything else that would improve flavor.
When the simmering process happens, it will extract amino acids, minerals, and collagen found inside the bones of choice. Not only that, you’ll also get a liquid that has a HIGH protein content.
Now keep in mind, you don’t want to let this broth cool down too much else it will solidify and become like jello. This is all due to the natural occurring collagen which comes from the bones of animals.
Lets dig into it, here’s the top 5 best organic bone broth’s I’ve found to try out. In addition, there’a reviews below for each product.
Have fun, the list is updated for 2018.
5 Best Organic Bone Broths To Try
Now that you saw the best bone broth to buy currently, now lets dive into the bone broth reviews shown below. This is where each is broken down into a few different sections, explaining the pro's and con's.
No1. Pacific Foods Organic - The Best Bone Broth for 2018
The #1 most recommended organic bone broth you should try, is the Pacific Foods Chicken Bone Broth. Pacific Foods is a big manufacturer of organic foods, ranging from tomato soups, oatmeal, bone broth, and more. When I dug into this one which they sell in a 12 pack of 8 oz each, I became impressed by the value of how much you're actually getting. In addition, the customer reviews have stated that it tastes quite good when hot or at the very least... warm.
Each of these little 8oz cartons contains ready to cook bone broth made from organic chickens, ones that have been taken care of from the very start. The moment you receive the pack of 12 (best value), you'll be able to get them ready for consuming in as little as 10 minutes.
Turn the heat on HIGH, let it boil for a little bit, and serve. Just be mindful that it's best to serve this product BEFORE it cools down, as the gelatin will harden the liquid.
- This bone broth has a delicious chicken flavor. This is the MOST important part of choosing the right one for you.
- Excellent value for what you pay. For twelve 8oz packs equalling to 96oz in total, you're paying less than $25 dollars.
- It's ready to drink the moment you heat it up. As long as you refrigerate after opening and consumer within 7 to 10 days.
- Each serving of 8oz has an impressive 9 grams of protein. This low calories product is an incredible way to diversify your protein intake.
THE NOT SO GOOD:
- Like with anything, the taste may not be for everyone.
- There's a relatively high level of sodium compared to some competition.
Moving down to our #2 most recommended bone broth, its the Kitchen Basics Organic Chicken Bone Broth. If you're comparing it to the number 1 mentioned earlier, it is quite similar as a whole package. The only difference which made this one to my #2 spot instead of #1, is the average customer review rating. Nonetheless, it's a spectacular product to consume as I'll explain right now.
Being chicken, it means it will be much cheaper to buy than its beef counterpart. This brand offers one of two flavors: regular chicken and turmeric ginger chicken.
The difference is really in flavor, but if you want to play it safe and not try anything that you might not like... standard chicken is the way to go.
To find out the pro's and con's, continue reading below.
- Only 50 calories per 8.25oz serving, making it an excellent diet drink.
- 10 grams of protein per 8.25oz serving gives a healthy dose of protein in a rather small dose.
- Per oz, it costs less than 20 cents US, this is a great value! Something that is healthy for you, should always be affordable... and this is no exception.
- Taste is accepted by a wide majority of customers. More than 75% have been more than okay with the flavor.
THE NOT SO GOOD:
- The salt content is rather high still, at 380mg/serving of 8.25oz.
- Taste to some has been reported as not great, although this is less than 20% of the reviewers who have stated this.
Moving on to my #3 top pick, its the Numo Life Grass-Fed Beef Bone Broth. This product takes a different approach to getting bone broth directly to you. The difference between the two mentioned above and this one, how it's prepared.
Instead of a liquid, you get a dehydrated dry mix which is added to boiling water and simmered for 12-15 hours. This is the standard method for creating bone broth ready to consume.
Unlike with chicken, beef has a higher fat and protein content per serving. There is a wide range of different types of meals you could prepare. In order to keep your immune system going strong and even as a preventative way to stay healthy, you can consume it as a drink.
If that's not your thing, you can add it as a base to other healthy meals. Let's dive into the good and bad of this product.
- A surprisingly low sodium content for each 2oz serving. Each 2oz serving can create a whole cup of broth.
- Protein content for each serving is an impressive 14 grams, this makes it a VERY good and potent dose from a unique source.
- For each 8oz cup of organic beef bone broth, you're paying less than $3 US dollars. Great value, considering how filling it will be in the first place.
- Since you'll need to simmer it for 12-15 hours, you'll be in control of how much salt and other spices such as parsley, chili powder, black pepper and more. The taste will vary but even if left without, you should be satisfied still.
THE NOT SO GOOD:
- Being beef instead of chicken, you'll see a much higher fat and calorie content per serving.
This product had to make it to my list, without a doubt. After digging deep into the BrothOfLife Organic Beef Bone Broth, I've realized its probably the best beef bone broth that is 100% organic. And best of all, it is perfect for low-salt diets.
You see, each serving is about 1 teaspoon (or about 3 grams). In that quantity, you'll get a generous 15 servings... giving you an equivalent of 15 eight oz servings to consume individually or at once.
Being beef, you are expected to pay a bit more for this dry mixture. To highlight the important aspects, I'll cover them right below.
- This dry mix has absolutely NO sodium. Meaning, you'll be able to the consumer this broth even if you are sensitive to sodium.
- The small glass jar gives you 16 teaspoon sized servings, which mix great with 3.5-4.0 oz of water.
- This mix is from 100% organic grass-fed beef, which adds greater levels of vitamins, minerals, proteins, and more.
- Your digestive tract will have a boost in function, a benefit that almost all bone broths are known for. This one is no exception.
THE NOT SO GOOD:
- It's expensive for how much broth you're actually able to make. There's better value for the money out there.
(note: this is a review for the 4-pack) Now coming into the #5 spot on my list, it is the Kettle & Fire Organic Beef Bone Broth. This one seems to be the most popular broth to buy, especially on the internet. However, the user reviews did not stack up as great as some previously mentioned. Still, its worth mentioning why this is a worthy option.
Since I cover only organic broths, this one ticks the box for being 100% grass-fed. This does ensure you get a lot more nutrients and minerals from the end-product, than you otherwise would.
You see, each packet (4 in total) provides you 16.9 oz. Unlike with some other ones where it requires you to simmer for 12-15 hours... this one would be requiring a 20+ hours simmer.
Speaking of that longer than usual simmering time, lets cover the pro's and con's.
- For how much organic beef bone broth you'll be getting, it's a GREAT value. We're talking about less than $1.90 US dollars per OZ.
- Fat and calorie content is extremely low, making this an excellent choice for dieting. Also as a base for other meals if needed.
- It's certified 100% organic, making this an excellent option for all the nutrients you'll be able to get from a bone broth product.
THE NOT SO GOOD:
- The flavor is not for everyone, there's a large number of users who are split between the taste. A portion saying its great, while the other half saying it's not good.
- Level of gelatin is in question, as some have reported the hardening in the refrigerator a rather slow process (or even nonexistent in some cases).
Bone Broth Nutrition Facts
For many of us this liquid we have from a soup, is just… a broth. Most of us don’t know the nutrition from drinking this magic liquid. Now I’m not just talking about any ordinary broth, most of it is actually just called stock. What we’re talking about is bone broth nutrition.
This liquid has been used for thousands of years, and that is because it is HIGH in minerals, vitamins, and is an excellent protocol for people with GAPS, SCD, and Candida infections.
To buy some does not simply imply that you are going to see all the benefits from it right away. It takes picking the right kind, specifically organic. Whether it’s low sodium if you have high blood pressure, or something that will act as a cleanse for skin in general, or specifically acne.
This stuff is rich in proline and glycine, these are the TWO crucial amino acids which your body needs for DNA and RNA synthetic. Heck even your stomach and intestine overall health will improve.
Nutrition info all over the internet, clearly states that this is an excellent way to go on a diet, loose weight, see improvements on your skin, and feel better overall. To support that fact, thousands of users world wide have vouched for improved joint health against arthritis, reduced hunger and weight loss as a result of drinking it in place of meals.
Now it isn’t to say there’s no side effects, there’s a few you could experience (though this is not common among people).
- Digestive upset.
- Increased heart rate.
- Skin flashing or itching.
- Hot Flashes or increased sweating.
- Swelling in your hands or feet.
- Muscle, joint, or back pain.
- Dry mouth, sneezing, or a runny nose.
Among other things, those being the most common things.
Final Verdict and Conclusion
First I just want to say thank you for getting this far, I truly hope this guide has been helpful in helping you pick the best organic bone broth for your needs. From all of the bone broth reviews mentioned above, I've done my best to include the good and bad from a wide array of user experiences (not just mine).
With that being said, whether you choose chicken bone, been bone, or lamb bone broth... you can't go wrong with the resulting nutritional benefits you'll receive. If you'd like to see more guides like this one, specifically on products that are organic and not bad for you, have a look right below. Also, if you want to see more guides like this one (rating the best of different categories), click the home button above.
DISCLAIMER: * These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product(s) is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using this product.