The Best Chai Tea (2020)
Quick Navi -
No! I refuse to indulge in the etymological bickering over the term ‘chai tea’. Rather, I would opt to relive my dusty and rememberable days spent in the by-lanes of India, discovering the enticing effect of this beautiful brew.
Yes, because believe it or not, every tiny tea stalls dotting the market and every household in cities and villages alike have their own recipe. Nothing is standard when it comes to chai tea! The quality of tea leaves differ and so does its origin, dust or buds, loose leaves or tea bags, steep or boiling the leaves, the herbs, and the aromatics – countless combinations are created and crushed till one is satisfied. But one thing remains unchanged. It’s universal promise of bring instantly refreshing.
And guess what? Now you don’t need to travel to India for your best chai tea fix! There are a plethora of tea companies and tea bars in your city that is whipping up this deep mug of velvety goodness.
But what if we want to experience the goodness of chai tea in our own home? It is always better if we have the cool experiment and gadgets. And if you are feeling confused with the brands filling up the supermarket supplement shelves – then let me provide you a little relief.
With my review on best chai tea, I have rounded up not only my favorite brands but snooped around the internet and compared my result with that of the tea-soaked netizens and create a list that will be a ready-reckoner for any chai tea connoisseur.
See, I know tea can be a different experience for each individual but the journey begins with that one step! Plus there are so many chqq So without further ado let us find out 8 best chai tea that will add that kick to your daily cuppa!
Here’s The 8 Best Chai Teas To Drink (2020)
Big Train Spiced Chai Tea Latte[productbox]
View On Amazon
Anything ‘instant’ or ‘ready-under-two-minutes’ would completely put me off! I mean it screams of ‘artificial flavoring’. In a nutshell, I am hell apprehensive. So it took me some time and a tight situation to try this premix powder. And boy was I blown away by the taste!
• This spiced chai mix is made with a blend of milk, honey, black tea, and spices.
• It is a fuss-free premixed chai tea powder which only needs hot water or a combination cream and water depending on the drinker’s taste.
• It can be rustled up anywhere – from home kitchen to office, from outdoors to indoors – ideal for people who travel and break their head over missing their favorite brew in a strange land.
• This chai tea latte premix powder can be had either as a hot latte or a cold one by mixing with ice – just keep a hot water bottle or some ice cubes handy to create a heart-warming drink or refreshing cold one on a hot afternoon.
• It comes in two flavors – vanilla and spice blend.
• The quality and taste of this chai tea powder are at par with the best chai tea latte from big chains like Dunkin’ Donuts and Starbucks.
What could be better?
Since I am a bit aesthetics oriented, I sincerely feel the brand can really work on the art of packaging. Also, the tea has some sediment that gets deposited in the bottom of the cup that creates an unsightly visual experience.
What I love the most
• This mix tastes delish and I can customize it to my liking – only add hot water or thicken it with some cream or create a special treat with some whipped cream on top.
• It (1.9 lb) has around 50 servings.
• It is my on-the-go travel companion where I don’t have to rely on carrying extra milk or anything and yet get that creamy warmth every single time.
• The days I don’t like excessive spice, I switch to the vanilla blend. The subtle notes of spice present provide me a real uplift.
• If I want to opt for a strong chai tea, I mix more scoops. It is that easy!
Yogi Chai Tea Bags
View On Amazon
I always look for responsibly sourced products which have reliable ingredients and does minimal to no damage to the environment during its production process. My research led me to Yogi Tea which comes enveloped in this wellness cape.
• The base black tea is sourced from the tea gardens of Assam, India – one of only two places where you can still find the native tea plants.
• It is completely organic and creates a full-bodied and aromatic brew.
• The spice-blend in this tea includes cinnamon, cardamom, and ginger – all of which are known for their cleansing and anti-inflammatory qualities.
• The package contains 16 counts of 6 tea bags i.e. 96 tea bags in total.
• Yogi Chai Tea Bags comes in different herbal blends like Egyptian Liquorice, Peppermint, Original, Black Tea etc.
• Doesn’t come added with sweetener, so it is suitable for diabetic patients or for weight loss plans.
What could be better?
The latest shipment of this product has been a bit inconsistent with its quality. Some of the web-users also felt that the bag-strength is depleting. Instead of one, now you need two bags to concoct the same deep delicious beverage. But as we know there is no yardstick to measure how strong your tea is – so maybe this bit can be customized from the consumer’s end only.
What I love the most
• This is such a cost-effective tea bag, although it comes listed under gourmet food and drinks – such a respite! Chasing health has become indeed expensive.
• This tea company is keen on using whole ingredients instead of chemical additives, which is a blessing for sure.
• When I want a decaf variety I go for Rooibos and when I need a natural sweetness to stall my sugar-cravings, I go for the Egyptian Liquorice – this brand is great for watching weight or special dieting where you cannot consume caffeine.
• The flavor of spices is all natural – there is no hint of synthetic or artificial flavoring in the tea.
Yes, you’re right chai and tea are the same thing. I used to think tho that the chai is a flavor. I always hang in Starbucks and they have it in their menu. My favorite thing about drinking chai is how soothing it is to my tummy. I think it’s all cause of the spices that they put in the tea and how it has milk (lactose intolerance?) anyway, i love your article. Will try getting these in my next grocery run. But, I’m such a fan of my starbucks barista’s chai. I think she gets how I love my chai… That extra spicy kick. hmm I think i will go get one today.