No More Wasting Water with these Shower Heads
Shower heads are designed to drench the bodies of people with water. Enjoying a luxurious shower a couple of times daily was a habit I developed early in life. It was only recently that I realized I could have a shower or consider having a shower which saved water. It simply indicated I could have both at the same time. Even though it was difficult for me to comprehend how I could achieve both objectives I was determined to educate myself on this subject.
The information I gathered made me realize technological advances and improvements by manufacturers of shower heads are now delivering devices that are more efficient without compromising on the shower feel with less water being used. I was perplexed and decided to delve further into the subject to understand why I should be using shower heads to conserve water.
The moment I received information I could save up to $200 every year on water and power bills by using a shower head which could save water I was determined to gather information about the top shower heads for conserving water. I couldn’t afford to waste money beneath a shower just because I felt better when I could have a similar feeling with one of the shower heads that could also conserve water.
My determination led me to search for the best shower heads for conserving water as well as saving me some money. The following models are the ones I discovered before eventually choosing one for my bathroom. Let me give you the models I looked at before ultimately making a decision.
1. High Sierra 1.5 GPM High-Efficiency Low-Flow Shower Head
One of the best water-saving shower’s available on the market is the shower head from High Sierra which offers a low flow of just 1.5 GPM. It has a tiny mouth shaped opening as its spray nozzle which is designed to ensure it does not clog while delivering a strong full spray of large drops.
Reports are available from people that this shower feels like a regular shower and while it uses less water it actually gives a better feeling than the earlier models they were using. You can get it here for $40 and free shipping.
2. Delta 75152 Water Amplifying Shower Head With H2Okinetic Technology
Two flow rate settings are available with the Delta 75152. It offers an extra-low level of 1.85 GPM as well as the standard 2.5 GPM. The H2okinetic technology in the shower head ensures that most people cannot identify the difference between the two settings.
This showerhead mixes air with water for creating larger droplets to make you feel you are getting a full shower experience while actually saving on your water bill. This is really a popular shower head and has received plenty of five-star reviews by people that have purchased it.
3. Niagara N2915CH Earth Massage 1.5 GPM Shower Head
Three different spray settings feature in the Niagara Earth Massage showerhead. You have a needle setting which is primarily a fine spray, a massage setting apart from a combined setting which has both spray patterns activated. T
his showerhead uses a pressure chamber design for maintaining a high-pressure spray even as it limits the water usage, unlike other low-flow shower heads. This shower head has also received numerous five-star reviews from people that are already using it in their homes.
Quite a few programs on television, magazines including Consumer Reports have featured the American standard Flowise 3 for saving energy and natural resources. This shower head has a unique turbine system which creates a full shower spray even from low water pressure. This shower head also has another unique feature which is an auto return to the 1.5 GPM setting whenever the shower is turned off. This ensures you always begin your shower in the water saving mode. The American standard Flowise has received five-star reviews and merely by looking at it, I was certain it was the one I would choose for myself.
5. American Standard 1660.613.075 Flowise Modern 3 Function Shower Head
This is another version of the American standard Flowise which I consider is among the top shower heads to conjure water. American standard has been making great shower heads and the Flowise modern 3 is no exception to this rule. Just as the Flowise 3 mentioned above the modern 3 is equipped with a rotating turbine to maintain a full spray while using less water rather than mixing in air. It has a similar auto return to water saving spray when it is turned off. It is available in a different style to the Flowise 3 making it a better choice of the shower area.
How Did I Benefit From a Shower Head Which Conserves Water?
- Save Water: Showerheads that can save water are both eco-friendly and wallet-friendly because they can reduce your impact on the environment while at the same time saving you from the pain of water bills.
- Save Energy: Less water means using less energy for heating up your shower water. This is again eco-friendly and reduces your power bills.
- The Experience of A Great Shower Not Compromised: Fresh technology provides the same shower feel without using more water. Therefore you are not compromising on your experience in the shower.
How Did I Find The Best Low Flow Shower For Myself?
First off; I checked the flow rate by looking at the product information searching for a flow rate of fewer than 2.5 gallons per minute. 2.5 gallons per minute is standard fare for shower heads and therefore if you really intend to save water you need to search for one with a lower rate.
- Checking the design was another matter which I paid attention to because I wanted to understand how the shower head would work without compromising on the pressure feel. I looked at designs which were smaller and compact as well as the ones which used the air pressure system. After looking at various designs I decided upon the American Flowise 3 which I felt was the best for my needs.
- I was particular about the quality of the shower head and therefore decided to work with a reputed manufacturer knowing full well that I would get precisely what I pay for unless I found bargains of some kind. American standard is a reputed manufacturer and having the Flowise 3 shower head in my bathroom ensured everyone within the family would be making an effort to save water every time they decided to have a shower.
Right now I am happy I have a modern-day shower head in my bathroom and everyone from my home is making a small contribution to the environment by saving a scarce resource which is depleting throughout the world by the day. (It’s another matter that I’m also saving some money on the side while making an effort to conserve water every day.)