The 5 Best Miter Saw Stands Reviewed (2019)
Woodwork can be such a rewarding hobby and having the best tools pushes your passion to a whole new level. To make the most accurate curves and angles, you will need a miter saw that will deliver. Selecting a custom-like miter saw stand can be hectic, daunting and a hefty mission because there are too many in the market all with different functional capabilities.
Therefore, when deciding on the miter saw stand to use, you need to gather information and this guide is intended to give an unbiased review of the best miter saw stands on the market. A miter saw stand is a crucial workshop tool, and as such, a worthwhile investment. A good miter saw stand will not only serve its purpose but give a return on investment by helping you for a long time.
To make an informed decision when purchasing a miter saw stand, there are some considerations that you should factor. These are cost, durability, sturdiness, and design among others. Highlighted below are some of the best miter saw stands you can buy for the money.
Reviews of Top Rated Miter Saw Stands [Buyers Guide]
Ridgid AC9946 Mobile Miter Saw Stand
Ridgid is a company that was started back in 1923, and it is a powerhouse in the manufacturing of plumbing equipment. So, what does that have to do with woodwork equipment?
Well, Ridgid has employed the same technology that they use to make their top-notch plumbing equipment for woodworking equipment manufacturing.
Design & Features:
The miter saw stand is made in such a way that it is compatible with most miter saws. It has wheels for easier portability and also has extensions and quick release brackets. The stand stands out in that it has a foot pedal which makes setting it up very quickly. The handles also have rubber which makes its handling very easy. The downside though is that it is heavy weighing 60 pounds although it has got really large wheels.
- It is heavy weighing 60 pounds.
- High quality
- Has foot pedal for easier setup
- Has rubber on the handles which makes gripping easy
- Large wheels which help in portability
Hitachi UU240F Heavy-Duty Miter Saw Stand
Hitachi is a Japanese company which was founded in 1910 and prides itself on producing top quality woodwork equipment since its inception. Hitachi UU240F is a heavy duty miter saw stand that tackles big projects quite easily. What’s more? The price is ridiculously low for its output.
It is handy, and a suitable bed for a Hitachi miter saw or a 10 to 12 inch saw machine. One of its greatest strengths (literally) is that it does not bend when the saw is mounted on it. It is a good buy for a handyman or weekend wood activity.
- This Hitachi miter saw stand is quite handy and versatile, suitable for anything around and up to 12 inches saw. It has extended material support to aid you when feeding long lumber through. It can be adjusted too without necessarily getting hold of your toolkit. You do not need to concern yourself with stability while working on the stand for it is braced with rubber feet that facilitate a firm grip on the surface. The stand guarantees maximum load support on its steel frame, and it will stand firm with ease regardless of the weight placed upon it. The brackets are designed to release quickly, enabling you to remove and attach the saws easily and fast. This a good match for a mobile person.
- – Can accommodate saws that measure up to 12 inches
- – It is braced with rubber feet
- – The frames are made of steel and can handle up to 400 pounds
- – The mounting brackets are quick to release
What could be better?
The stops on the feet are made of plastic and will wear out, giving the stand an uneven standing.
- – Adjustable material supports that do not require additional tools, therefore, making it very convenient when you have long pieces of timber to work with.
- – With a capacity to support 400 pounds of weight load, it is suitable for large projects.
- – The steel frames are built to handle heavy weights, and it is also easily portable.
- – The quality is not sacrificed on the altar of price, making it very affordable.
- – The rubber feet serve as a protection against damaging or leaving marks on finished surfaces.
- – It is easy to adjust its stops in case you need a repetitive task.
POWERTEC MT4000 Miter Saw Stand With Wheels & 110V Power Outlet
Our next focus is on a mid-range wheeled model- the POWERTEC, MT4000 Deluxe. This stand has wheels for ease of transportation, complete with a 110V power supply with 3 outlets. It stands out from the other miter saw stands because of this combination.
The stand is a sensible choice for a contractor who is on the go and needs a capable and at the same time portable stand. It is easy to assemble and is very sturdy (providing safety)- you can also fold its legs and wheels. The additional three power plugs come in handy, making it distinct from other stands. However, it would have been superb to have a means to prop it up on the wall when you fold it up.
When the time comes to move, just collapse the legs which are equipped with springs and therefore making it easy to take down the stand. It weighs about 40 pounds or less which means you can easily lift the stand with little effort.
- Although it might not be the most heavy-duty stand available in the market, its steel tubes make the POWERTEC miter saw stand steady enough. The steel stand can manage to hold loads of up to 300 pounds. It also gives you the option of extending the support arms for that extra space. If you are working on a medium project, you will manage quite fine with the POWERTEC. However, be cautious if your project involves big planks of wood. By having the 110V power extension plugs to accommodate three appliances, the stand truly distinguishes itself from the rest. The extensions make it handy for onsite jobs.
- – Supports weights of up to 300 pounds easily.
- – It is fitted with rubber wheels which are 8- inches in diameter.
- – It can accommodate miter saws from 10 inches to 12 inches, quite well.
- – The legs are spring loaded, and they lock.
- – It has 2 rollers made of steel.
- – It comes with support arms.
What could be better?
On the downside though, there have been issues with the quality of the assembling material of this stand. It is therefore prudent to check on that first before you make the purchase. Also, ensure to check that all components are in good working condition when you order the stand from Amazon or other online retailers.
- – Queries have been raised on the quality of the assembly materials.
- – It requires you to fully inspect the stand to ensure all parts are intact on arrival.
- – The stand has a versatile solution with its 110V power source.
- – With a stand that can bear up to 300 pounds of weight, it can handle large projects.
- – Its versatility can be stretched given that it can fit a majority of saws in the 10 and 12-inch category.
- – Support arms are extendable so that it can bear the length of longer wood lumber.
- – It has mounted 11.5-inch rollers that facilitate a smooth feed.
If you are always on the move and are looking for a miter saw stand that can collapse and be mounted quickly, then you are in luck. With its power outlets, you can attach the miter saw, or planer and bench top saw on the stand eliminating the need to tether them to other power sources. It is pocket-friendly and durable.
Delta SM105WS Shopmaster Miter Saw Stand
Delta SM105WS is a traditional miter saw stand which is a revered American brand. The Delta miter saw stand comes from a lineage of powerful tool producers. The brand factory was set up in 1919 and got to the league leaders in 1945 when it was bought by Rockwell manufacturing.
In 2005 after several takeovers the company was acquired by Black &Decker who later relinquished it to a Taiwan company in 2011.The fact of the matter is that Delta products that were manufactured 20 years ago are still considered superior in respect to quality compared to the recently manufactured ones. However, ever since the company was acquired by the Taiwan Company, its quality has indeed depreciated, and they do not produce quality products as they used to earlier (before the acquisition).
Despite the rather longish list of cons, the stand is not an utter disaster. The main reason that the Delta stand finds itself in the review is because of the quality of its stands that were manufactured before the company was acquired by the Taiwanese.
What could be better?
- – Delta is marginally expensive compared to other pro-oriented stands like DeWalt, and its value for money is somewhat questionable.
- – It doesn’t measure up to its value since its quality is rather dented.
- – In consideration to recent underachievement when it comes to durability and quality assessment, it bears no additional or advanced feature superior in its category of the standard class stands.
- – It may not stand for long with daily use. It is not an attractive proposition for the DIY crowd, either, who can find better-priced alternatives elsewhere on this list.
- – The mounting brackets are universal, hence can handle most miter saws models in the market.
- – It can accommodate miter saws from 10-inch to 12-inch size blades.
- – The clamp-on design on the mount is very convenient.
- – The stands have large tires making rolling and moving the stand easy on uneven surfaces and steps.
BORA Portamate PM-4000 – Heavy Duty Folding Miter Saw Stand with Quick Attach Tool Mounting Bars
The stand weighs 30 pounds or 13.5 kg and can comfortably support weights of up to 500 pounds which is equivalent to 227 kg. It can also support timbers which are 3 meters high. Also, great news, It has a one year warranty if purchased through HTC on Amazon. With over 500 reviews and a 4.5 star rating, you can’t go wrong with the BORA Stand.
What could be better?
It does not have a lot of extras compared to the more priced models. If you are inclined to achieving more accurate cuts and adjustable lengths, then it is prudent to invest in stands that have more features.
- – A quick assembly of the 20-inch mounts
- – When it comes to price, nothing beats this arguably little but impressive stand.
- – It offers real value for money.
- – It is light enough making moving around easier, because of its folding legs with a snap pin.
- – You can place in your van when on the move and when done with the task you can neatly fold it up with minimal effort.
- – Portamate miter saw stand is assembled with heavy-duty steel and it is tough, durable and can bear load capacities of up to 500 pounds.
Why Should You Use a Miter Saw Stand?
A thought can cross your mind and compel you to settle for a bench in the backyard or put together some planks of wood to make a stand in your garage. The problem is that you cannot work comfortably especially on large projects.
In fact, let’s rephrase the question “What are the requirements of a functional miter saw stand?”
It should meet these 4 basic functionality requirements
- – It should be portable
- – Should be steady
- – Accurate
- – Make it easy for you to cut long pieces of wood
Let’s take a quick summary of the functionality.
The stand should easily be folded to ease storage; it is a considerable gain if you are working in an enclosed place or confined space. If you are always on the move meeting customers, then you should consider one that you can easily take along with you. If your projects don’t require you to be mobile, then, it is prudent to settle for the sturdier and heavier models which will make tackling of big projects with long lumber easier and more accurate.
When you are working with long planks of wood, the support offered by a miter stand cannot be underscored.
Consider also whether a stand has add-on components like brackets that allow you to mount any miter saw in a matter of minutes. Some miter saw stands come with additional spring-loaded clamps that allow saw adjustment to whatever position you desire. These additional features make long operating pieces of wood feel like a walk in the park.
Some miter saw stands also come with adjustable stands- the supports are adjustable to match any height. The height adjustability feature is perfect if you are tall.
The combination of a good miter saw with an excellent rating blade is also important. A good rating blade makes it easier to calculate more complex angles.
When all four legs are in position and on the ground, and you have set the stand as expected, then, it should be as firm as a rock. This is the essence of having a miter saw stand that is stable as opposed to a makeshift stand that jerks with every move – it rocks and slips unexpectedly.
At the onset, let’s proceed and quickly outline the 4 types of miter saw stands which you can choose from. It is only prudent to choose the one that suits you best.
- – Roller
- – Rail
- – Traditional
- – Folding
The Basics to Using a Miter Saw
If you are equipped with a miter saw and a task ahead of you, there are high chances that you will need a good quality miter saw stand. We hope that our miter saw stand review has been of great assistance as a pointer into the best miter saw stands that will help you in the task at hand. The stands vary in design and functionality with each aimed at a certain cluster of customers and you shouldn’t worry about compatibility, as most stands will fit well with miter saws.
While pro-grade accessories will cost more on average, excellent amateur-oriented products are also available. On average pro-quality stands and accessories may have a slightly higher value, good quality amateur, and DIY category products are also available in the market. You can also purchase fair priced products which also match quality for professionals who have a low budget. Anyone can buy a miter saw stand with the right kind of information for their wood crafting.