Best Oil Filter Reviews 2017 – Buyer’s Guide
Quick Navi -
- Best Oil Filters for 2017 (Top 5 Picks)
- Top 6 Oil Filter Reviews For Both Conventional and Synthetic Oil
- Important Tips to Make a Good Decision When Buying an Oil Filter
UPDATED FOR 2017: With the extraordinary, intense tests brought by street conditions and cruel climate these days, vehicles just need to have the most effective running engine. This almost always happens on a daily basis, which is why keeping them in their absolute best performance is a must. Keep your vehicle checked regularly and replace the worn out parts for its good shape for several years. You will need quality engine oil that can withstand high temperatures alongside an oil filter to keep the oil clean from grating particles or any abrasive components.
This will keep everything running as easily as it would be prudent. Enclosed canister filters and cartridge filters are the two most notable types of oil filters you can find the best oil filters on the market today. Depending on your vehicle, this will serve as a determinant of which oil filter you should use. It is ideal to buy an oil filter that rightly fits your vehicle otherwise, oil spills will likely occur at the filter range. Using the wrong one may also cause inappropriate oil filtration, major oil leaks, and low oil weight or oil pressure.
So if you want to know what kind of oil filter your vehicle requires, read through and let this article be your guide.
Best Oil Filters for 2017 (Top 5 Picks)
Below are some of the best, good oil filters along with their features or specifications and the oil filter reviews to help you make a decision thereafter. Remember that like any other product, these filters may or may not all around fit your car, so select the right fit based on its specs. Also, note the dos and don’ts of each of the filters to weigh things over. Of course, you would not want to meet problem/s in the future so note each oil filter review. Brace yourself now as these top filters will show you how to perfectly care your car engine.
NOTE: In addition to having a good filter, you must also pick the best motor oil to use whether conventional or full synthetic. Also, when changing the oil you need a high quality and easy to use oil drain pans.
|Fuel Injector Cleaners Name:||Price:||Material:|
| || || |
| || || |
| || || |
| || || |
| || || |
Top 6 Oil Filter Reviews For Both Conventional and Synthetic Oil
1. Bosch 3330 Premium FILTECH – Best Oil Filter Brand for 2017 (Top Pick)
Get Bosch 3330 Premium FILTECH Oil Filter if you want the best bang among the buck oil filters. This filter actually stands out among the other rumored brands mainly because of its more propelled innovation. It becomes remarkable for its highly lubricated gasket configuration with a tight seal freeing it from any spillage issues.
Its media screens are great in filtering out harmful contaminants while protecting your engines. Thanks to its synthetic mesh for a good filtering job for the best synthetic oil filter and regular motor oils. Bosch 3330 filter guarantees spotless molecule free oil supply to car engines. Keep this best synthetic oil filter review in mind.
- Has a very solid filter
- Fits well without any sign of leakage
- Works pretty well in fragment filtering
- Highly-recommended by many users
- May not be suitable for other car models
- Orders may be incomplete at times
2. Mobil 1 M1-110 Extended Performance – Great For High Mileage Engines
Mobil 1 M1-110 Extended Performance oil filter is found to be one of the best for car owners for giving their engines a long-lasting performance. This filter is tried and tested effective in removing any kind of oil contaminant from its advanced synthetic fiber blend and high Multi-Pass Efficiency rating. A number of contaminants it can hold is more than the other filters can hold. It has the capability to withstand engine’s operating pressure (about nine times than the normal pressure) with its aluminum canister.
Its adaptability for an effective installation in your vehicle sets it apart from the other filtering tools. It prevents start dryness of the engine as it removes internal leakage when shutdown using the silicone-based anti-drain back valve. All these give it an excellent satisfaction rating from the user of oil filter reviews.
- Very effective in oil filtering
- Works well in any type of vehicle
- Thoroughly removes any leakage
- It last long
- It’s lighter than the other filters, which gives it a cheap feel
- It’s smaller compared to the common filters
- It’s little pricey than the other types of filter
3. ACDelco PF61E Professional
Duraguard oil filter is the unique feature of ACDelco PF61E Professional Engine Oil Filter making it countable for the solid built automotive accessories. The oil filter has the filtering capability of 98% in working with contaminants. Its multi-layer filtering nets are the very reason for this processing capacity along with its 25-30 micron efficiency. Tighter seal occurs as temperature rises as led by the thermosetting adhesive seal found on this device’s base. Such seal is also responsible in the stronghold of the filter.
ACDelco PF61E also has a cellulose media that can trap human hair and filter anything to make sure that the oil of your car is free from any debris. Its superior filtering capacity provides durability and consistent flow management. Its burst strength is actually five times stronger than the other oil filters. Moreover, it is equipped with a lubricity gasket that helps lessen installation torque.
- Smaller in size but has more filtration media for its greater capacity
- Specifically made for durability
- Guarantees excellent filtering
- Less expensive than the leading brands
- Fits very well
- Some customers complain of receiving orders with missing parts of the device or the defective one
4. Royal Purple 17807
The thicker shell of Royal Purple 17807 17807 Oil Filter makes it stronger compared to the other filters. This best car oil filter comes with metal-based end-caps for a nice seal. Its center tube is strategically designed so as not to collapse when it is being used. The micro-glass media component is 100% screen-back best synthetic oil filter providing great oil filtration of 99 percent at 25 microns. Its high-performance anti-drain back valve is silicone-made making it great in preventing a dry start. Its heavy gauge steel back plate is important in increasing its burst strength.
Remember this stainless steel oil filter review. Though it cost at a high premium, Royal Purple 17807 17807 Oil Filter promises best filtration process of all types of oil filters. You may also use it with Royal Purple motor oil for best results.
- Can be used for full synthetic and conventional motor oils making it the best oil filter for synthetic oil
- It is heavy duty
- It works well in particle removal
- Beneficial in any type of vehicle
- Can withstand heavy flow of oil
- It optimizes oil flow
- May fit your car or otherwise. Check the oil filter of your car first to know whether it can fit well.
- Has a premium cost
NOTE: Something that goes hand-in-hand with a good oil filter, is also coolant. Proper filtering and proper cooling of the engine is critical for the most efficient driving. We have a guide for that, see the best-rated engine coolants to buy. Also, for the proper firing of the cylinders, spark plugs and cleaning your injectors with the best fuel system cleaners on the market today. Which also works well when your engine is knocking, using good quality octane boosters.
5. K&N PS-7020 Pro-Series
Usage of K&N PS-7020 Pro-Series Oil Filter is flawlessly fit with potentially even ordinary or engineered oils that make it the best for any individual despite their oil inclination. K&N PS-7020 Pro-Series oil filter is specially designed for professional service providers and installers. This high-stream oil filter offers trustworthy and quality filtration to cars, which is very accessible at a very reasonable cost noting the features and options. Its high flow design helps improve the performance of your engine by lowering the oil filter restriction. It is equipped with a fluted canister shape to easily remove it using a traditional oil filter wrench.
It offers an outstanding filtration work as well as engine protection for its entire service life. It is even engineered to deal with any grade of conventional, blended, and synthetic motor oils. The high capacity of its pleated media makes is appropriate for extended oil change intervals when it is used based on the recommendation of car and motor oil manufacturers.
- Available for both cartridge and canister type oil filter applications
- Offers outstanding filtration
- Fit for conventional oil and best oil filter for synthetic oil
- Has high flow filter for performance improvement
- Has premium filtration media to increase its filtration capacity
- Its filter drain plastic is considered by some customers as a press in piece
- It tends to crush about 1/8 inch from its original height every time a used filter is removed
6. WIX Filters (51515 Spin-On Lube Filter)
WIX Filters (51515 Spin-On Lube Filter) is significant in the maintenance of your vehicle, especially in its lubrication system. The canister-style oil filters are designed to protect the engine of your car from its premature wear. These filters have strong, full-metal base plates that prevent any form or leaks at the double seam when you are in severe driving. They work effectively in trapping more dirt than the leading brands of filtering systems. Their glass-enhanced media improves the ability of each filter to catch and hold dirt that can damage your engine. Among the other features of these filters are the mounting plate, inner element tube, center tube, and gasket.
- Ensures a cleaner-running engine in over several extra miles
- Low restriction on oil flow
- Highly reliable and durable
- Increased dirt-holding capacity
- High particle size retention
- Not threaded correctly according to some customers
Important Tips to Make a Good Decision When Buying an Oil Filter
The proliferation of manufacturers selling car products and accessories like the best oil filters for cars can, by chance, confuse you as to which one to buy. You can avoid this situation to ruin your shopping out there in the market with the following points of consideration.
- Check your vehicle and look at its oil filter. It is advisable to stick to the best oil filter brand used by your car company if it exclusively uses a specific filter. You should know that there are three types of vehicle oil filters: the filter’s standard in most cars, the filters usually found on diesel engines, and the magnetic filters which come with a small magnet found inside the canister attracting tiny rust and metal pieces.
- Know who makes the best oil filter of your vehicle. Try to contact and ask them if they will be able to provide you with an alternative to the best oil filter brand in the instance you failed to find the same maker. This can be a great help for you.
- Ask experts on the best oil filters if you really don’t have any idea and undecided what filter to pick. Your mechanic can actually help you identify the oil filter you can use. You may solicit suggestions from your family or friends. There is nothing wrong about asking and admitting that you know nothing about it. This is actually less stressful.
- Another option for you is to contact the customer service and then ask for recommendations or options.
- Do your own research about oil filters. You can do this with ease now since there are several articles and write-ups you can read online. They will educate you and provide you with better insight on the best oil filters for cars you should select. Reading customer reviews is also beneficial because they are first-hand experiences. These reviews can be hints on which filters you have to avoid and what brands are fit for your vehicle.
- Find the right size of the best car oil filter for your car. Value brands typically contain cellulose fibers while the mid-range filters have a mixture of synthetic and cellulose fibers. Check in the provided owner’s manual for the correct filter type and size for installation.
- Inspect the oil filter. More contaminants are collected by the filter when it has more pleats. Consider one with silicone anti-drain back barrier or tight fitting barrier to prevent oil contamination with particles.
- Find the best oil filters on online stores. You can find a lot of oil filters for sale on any online store and the other items necessary for regular maintenance operations.
- Think of the primary rule that filters with high price values are the better ones. Automotive filters do not usually provide the relevant information in identifying their appropriateness, unlike the industrial filters.
- Never assume that you know everything about your car and its maintenance when you really not.
- Don’t be confused when bombarded with a wide range of oil filters. These fibers differ in their sizes and numbers though they look similar from each other. You will notice that the wrong filtering system will not seat properly and will only leak due to the difference in their threads.
- Choosing a filter because of its cheaper value may only lead you to spend more money upfront for repairs.
There you have it, seven of the best oil filters available in the market from which you can choose from. Check each oil filter review yourself because it is recommended by customers too. Also read the specs of each one of them and how they actually work for your car. You might just find this entry very helpful in your search for the ideal oil filter for your car engine.